Saturday, May 22, 2010

How to switch tracks and become a .NET programmer?

I’ve got a BE degree in Electronics with around 10 years’ experience as a free-lance computer consultant for charitable organizations. I have adequate knowledge in programming (VB, ASP, C) but have not worked in the IT sector because I got my degree late (after 13 years and a consumer court battle with the university). I now wish to enter the IT industry and pursue a career in .NET. What are my prospects? Will I be considered a fresher? Where would I fit? Would my years of experience count? How should I go about gaining an entry into this field? I know that’s a whole bunch of tough questions, but your suggestions would be very valuable. Thank you for your time. BTW, I live and work in India

How to switch tracks and become a .NET programmer?
Your prospects are outstanding in this industry.





You will be considered "fresh", but will likely earn credit at double the rate due to your prior experience since it should contribute to your learning rate.





Not sure where you would fit?





You experience would count to some extent. When VB.NET first came out on Day 1, no one had experience with it, but they still held senior positions earned by experience. If you don't catch this wave, you can catch the next one.





I would teach myself at home and practice while I'm job interviewing. One possible option to approach IT consultanting companies. They are quick to send you out on jobs and you can jump in and learn as you go. The customer hiring you may not be thrilled, but you will gain experience while you prepare for a more permanent placement.
Reply:This might be posible in India, it would not be likely in the US.

survey software

No comments:

Post a Comment