Monday, May 24, 2010

Which computer language should I learn: Visual Basic, Java, C++ or others?

Which will be the most useful now? I want to be a computer programmer.

Which computer language should I learn: Visual Basic, Java, C++ or others?
I think you may want to try learning java or c++. I currently am minoring in Computer Science Engineering along with my Mechanical Engineering degree and I have taken C++ and it's alot of fun. As for a programming environment you can download open source stuff such as Eclipse which is awesome, because you can set it up as you want for your own needs. Many of my classmates use Eclispe because it is open source and flexible or you can try Dev C++ which is what I have on my computer as well and it is also free to download. I dont remember the website for Dev C++, but the one for Eclipse is www.eclispe.org ... good luck!
Reply:Start of with Visual Basic as its the simplist...





Choosing between Visual Basic 6 and .NET is something to do with you...


.NET requires the .NET Framework to be installed on the machine...low performance PC's can't install them


On the other hand, new PC's and new versions of Windows come with .NET Framework





VB6 requires only a 3 MB runtime files, which is bow icluded in WinXP, Vista, and should be included in the new Windows Vienna as well...





Another thing to think of is the platform you want to develop on:


If Windows, then simply go for a Microsoft Based programming Language...really high integrity


If Linux, wtc, probably go for C++


If you want to work on Multiplatform, then go for Java





PS: Visual Studio .NET 2005 Express Edition (Free for personal use) has a lot of features that really facilitates programming...





Advice:


Never stick to one programming Language, learn more than one then choose the one you can put more performance in...





As for a start, go for Microsoft based Programming Languages...


No comments:

Post a Comment